Friday, November 9, 2012

#FreeviewFriday #ChristmasMagic Part 1




Welcome to Freview Friday!

Today I’ll be sharing a bit of my story, Beginning of Forever, from Still Moments Publishing’s Christmas Magic Anthology which releases December 4rd. I try to keep it to 10 lines, but this week it needed a smidge more. Read on & you’ll see why.




A shrill ring jolted me awake.
So tired.
The phone shrieked again, cutting through the haze of exhaustion.
Steven’s howls rose from the bassinette beside my bed. I rolled over and crooned, gathering his warm body to mine. Talcum and the delicious scent of baby filled my nose, tugging my lips upward.
My eyelids drooped, but I pulled myself from the bed.
I rubbed my fussing son’s back and stumbled down the hall to grab the phone.
“Hello?”
“Mrs. Douglas?”
A glance at the clock and my stomach clenched. Ronnie was an hour late for our Christmas Eve dinner. “Y-yes?”
“There’s been an accident.”



Be sure to swing by next week!

As J.A. Belfield has said, any and all are welcome to join her in this weekly shenanigan. HOWEVER, if you do so, she URGE syou to keep the shared snippets short and sweet. Mine (like hers) will be a maximum of TEN (10) sentences. To help identification of these posts, we’ll be hashtagging them (for Twitter purposes) as #FreeviewFriday. Feel free to knick said hashtag for your own Freeview Friday posts. Hope you’ll join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment