Friday, May 23, 2014

Happy Book Birthday Dream Home! #YAlit #Paranormal


What if you could see everyone else’s dreams?  That’s the question Sara has to wrestle with in the Dream Series.  We first meet her as a shy, bookish college student who doesn’t think there’s anything extraordinary about herself.  And then the dreams start…

Over the course of the series, Sara learns to live with these supernatural dreams and all the trouble they plunge her into.  At the same time, she grows from a student to a practicing doctor; and from a single girl to a wife and mother.  But every time she thinks she’s got everything figured out, life – and her extraordinary dreams – teach her that she’s always got more to learn…

~~~oOo~~~

“Oh, my God, I’m not even starting the job for four months!  How can I have an enemy already?”

Sara thought she had found the perfect job, the perfect new house and the perfect place to build a bright future for herself and her family.

But her new life is not quite perfect.  Her husband and her children are fitting right in, but before Sara even shows up for her first day of work, her coworkers are dreaming about getting rid of her. 

If that wasn’t bad enough, the one friend she’s made is dreaming nightly about a disaster that could wipe out the entire town…and Sara is beginning to think he might be right…

Dream Home is the exciting seventh book in the Dream Series.


Purchase Links:

Dream Home

Dream Student (Book 1)

Dream Doctor (Book 2)

Dream Child (Book 3)

Dream Family (Book 4)

Waking Dream (Book 5)

Dream Reunion (Book 6)

A Box of Dreams (Books 1-5 in one Box Set)

Excerpt:

The rest of my shift is quiet, and at two o’clock I come home to an empty house.  I don’t know where anyone is, and, considering that this is the first time I’ve been completely alone in the house since we moved in, I don’t really care.  This is a golden opportunity to do one of my favorite things, and I’m not going to pass it up. 
Remembering what happened the last time I tried this, I make a point of not bringing the phone with me into the bathroom.  Just the opposite; I even turn my cell phone completely off.
I lock the bedroom door, undress, go into our bathroom, and lock that door, too.  Now, no one can get to me.  I’m free to completely relax.  I run the water until it’s good and hot, and, following the directions on the bottle, I pour in three capfuls of the lavender bubble bath Brian got me for my birthday, and which I haven’t had the chance to use yet.   Then, I throw caution to the winds and pour several more capfuls in. 
This is so nice; the water is just right, the bubbles are – well, very bubbly, and there’s no one calling for my attention.  I lie back, resting my head on the little inflatable bath pillow I also haven’t had the chance to use until today, and I think about absolutely nothing.
At some point, I think I hear something that might be scratching at the bedroom door, but it’s much too far away to be sure.  It could be Chrissy, needing to go out.  Or it could be nothing.  That’s probably exactly what it is, nothing, and I ignore it.  Sometime later, I think I hear knocking, and then banging, but that might also be nothing, so I ignore it, too. 
I just lie in the bath, basking in the wonderful steam and the calming scent.  It’s heaven.  I’m in – what the hell was that
I jump up, cursing as I bang my knee on the faucet, and nearly losing my balance.  I reach out and grab the handhold set in the wall above the tub, and I somehow keep my feet.  It was – there’s a little window, high up on the wall, and something hit it.
There it is again!  I saw something for a moment, something small and dark hitting the window.  It’s still vibrating.  So much for relaxing – my heartrate feels like it just doubled, and my mind is racing, too.  Who’s throwing rocks – oh.  Someone must be home.  I’ve already sloshed water all over the floor, so there’s no point in worrying about dripping.  I climb out of the bath and grab a towel.  I dry off as best I can, and emerge into the bedroom.  Of course I left my bathrobe out there.  I put it on and unlock the bedroom door.
I’m greeted by my mother, Lizzie and Steffy, all standing about three feet away from the door, and directly behind a yellow puddle on the floor.  I guess Chrissy was scratching at the door, needing to go out.  Mom has a phone in her hand.  “Sara, what is wrong with you?  We’ve been banging on the door for fifteen minutes!  Thank God Howard got your attention throwing rocks at the window.  I was ready to call the paramedics!”

~~~oOo~~~

J.J. (James) DiBenedetto was born in Yonkers, New York. He attended Case Western Reserve University, where as his classmates can attest, he was a complete nerd. Very little has changed since then.
He currently lives in Arlington, Virginia with his beautiful wife and their cat (who has thoroughly trained them both). When he's not writing, James works in the direct marketing field, enjoys the opera, photography and the New York Giants, among other interests.
The "Dreams" series is James' first published work.


No comments:

Post a Comment